Fresh Eggs Samhain 2019


Join us on our Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/events/281963332635332/
Tickets will be available here:
https://goddessfestival2020.brownpapertickets.com/?fbclid=IwAR0IQT4Sqk8XqtSt-YySxR6fDtXRoCVPKDX3AAenUAYz58HR-
It’s almost festival time!!!!!!
Okay, it’s almost a year away, but it’s coming!! Time to get excited! Time to plan !A hundred years and a thousand moons...
Women, Witches, Sisters, Girlfriends, Maidens, Mothers, Crones: come and join us for a blissful retreat filled with magic, sisterhood, and deep connection to the rhythms of the Earth. This year we celebrate the centennial of women's voting rights and the 80th birthday of our beloved High Priestess and founder, Zsuzsanna Budapest!
Once again, women will gather together in the coastal redwoods of Northern California among the enchanted energies of Mother Nature to honor the Goddess, ourselves, and one another. For four days we live together in this sacred setting, par-taking of powerful workshops, rituals, singing, drumming, dancing, and the dynamic vitality of female-focused intentional community. Guided by world renowned Priestesses and leaders, you can learn to identify and use herbs, hone your skills in the ancient Amazon art of archery, contribute your voice as we pass the rattle, develop ritual skills, empower yourself through the sacred archetypes of women, and so much more. Each day we offer a variety of workshops and opportunities for learning. Choose to attend as few or as many as you like, or simply re-lax, hike through the woods, listen to the music, enter into deep discussion, shop with our hand-selected vendors, recharge in the Red Tent, or just sit quietly and meditate in this sacred space.
Evenings are reserved for us to come together in the Gaia Bowl, our Greek style amphi-theater for high ritual. It is here that we call to the Goddess and weave our magic; honor and invoke our foremothers; hold initiation and ordination rituals; and drum, dance, and sing our prayers around the bonfire and under the stars! All of nature is just a step outside your cabin door. All meals are prepared for us. There is no work duty, no cooking, no dishes to do. Your only responsibility is to come with an open heart and mind, find connection through Sisterhood, and share your energies in this movement for social change. Let our women's prayers be uttered in unison from the sweet melodic voices of hundreds of women. Let the Earth be healed. Let women be healed. Let us all know pure joy in celebrating all that is FEMALE!
Z Budapest
#WomenVote
#TheFutureIsFemale
#ERANow




In this sub age of Aquarius our entire culture is now looking at each other. Aquarius is the only human sign in the Zodiac. It means the humans get interested in each other. Reality shows, selfies, our bodies ourselves. Sending pictures of ourselves to each other and even sending pix of our junk is done without a thought. We wonder where we come from? More and more of us thinks that somehow Extra terrestrials had something to do with the sudden growth of how we look today. How we think. Certainly the feeling is that our DNA had been messed with. How come certain places there was high standards for agriculture and architecture, while other places the Ice Age just finished.
The Internet is now the altar of this Humanoid self obsession. Billions of humans communicate with each other, billions of opinions are voiced. Ultimately we are arriving more and more at the thought of we are all humans, we all live on this planet, and for happiness and mental health we do need each other.
Will racism finally end? It could. But not suddenly. Will sexism finally end? That’s the battle of the sexes. The stupidest battle of all.
But first woman must be brought forth in the public consciousness as pioneers and maintainers of everything . Our names must be known, our honors Not stolen by males just because they can.
Interesting thing I found today, there is a rendition on YOUTUBE of my song We all come from the Goddess which states that it’s author Unknown. Of course it’s a guy whose page it is. The songs rendition is with an all female group, but I am not given proper credit for it. This is how males take away from female authors the honors we deserve. Each act of this kind of theft advances the male perception that women are here only to serve, birth and cook for our sons.
This song We all come from the Goddess had been registered with the Library of Congress since the 80s. I have generously allowed it to be used, if you give me my credit due. It isn’t a folk song just springing up in some guys head. It is my intellectual property.
I am in my 80th year, complete it in January 30th.
Who will stand up for me when I am gone? How long will it take before some males take over even the feminist Witchcraft? Claim it as theirs?
I see this as an ancient fight. I hate this innate behavior from our sons. Women need our sons help, elevate us, celebrate us and give up your totally undeserved male privileges. You should feel great when your mothers get to lead. Be proud of your heritage, you came from great and talented mothers.
All love is rooted in respect.
This little ceramic picture is by my mother, Masika; pictured is a Spirit who is an Ancestor. Appropriate for the season.
I am grateful for the last years’ accomplishments. The Holy Book of Women’s Mysteries is coming back in a new 21st century edition. I want to thank Katharine La Masters, who gave a lot of valuable energy in going over every line, with a critical eye. She was the reason I could hang on and finish this task . Now it's in the hands of Lithia, and then the new Publishers, Santa Cruz's oldest Bookstore.
Before I die, (This is not a bucket list, I am healthy only old,) I would like to have one more national Witchy Tour, organized by the new generation. I’d like to hear from you if you can organize, if you have a good outreach online, if you have powers with marketing.
I think the Goddess Movement will benefit from my efforts, and I like to behold the popularity of The Great Goddess. I like to teach about the Goddess ethics, Goddess morality, and hand out more of our precious honors to those who have devoted their times and energy to creating more Goddess culture.
Lastly I ask you to remember on your Ancestor altars not just your blood relatives but all those women who have helped to elevate our gender from enslavement to glory.
Grandmothers blessings…
This is my most favorite picture, created by a Hungarian Artist named CSONTVARY. It is a picture of the Pilgrimage to the sacred Cyprus of Lebanon, a women’s ritual.
Tonight, the excitement in the closet is high. It is that night of the year. Perhaps, this time … but I must not hope too hard. I am too small to fly these folk to their festival. The door is opening. I can see the flickering candlelight in the room beyond the door. One by one, my mates are grabbed and carried out. The hope in me begins to fade as the closet empties, and then, a miracle happens. A tiny hand wraps around my short but sturdy handle. I hear a voice and my heart leaps.
"Here, this one's mine – it’s just my size!" says the child's voice. "Come, little broom – this will be our first Samhain ride together."
It is glorious! It's the little one's first ride, too. I must be very careful with her. She is soooo tiny! Her bones would break if she were to fall to the earth below. Oh, but the ride is glorious! The crisp autumn air streams through my brush tail. The child's hands gently grip my handle as she squeals with delight. The night is so beautiful – I want this never to end. Next year, the child will be too big to ride me and I will left behind once more.
But too soon, the leader calls all the riders back and once again, we are all relegated to the closet, but as we are gently placed within, I see a small group of children all watching the little girl who had ridden me with a mixture of envy and admiration.
"Don't worry," she tells them. "It's a good riding broom – it won't drop you or let you fall when it's your turn to ride it."
Evenings are reserved for us to come together in the Gaia Bowl, our Greek style amphi-theater for high ritual. It is here that we call to the Goddess and weave our magic; honor and invoke our foremothers; hold initiation and ordination rituals; and drum, dance, and sing our prayers around the bonfire and under the stars! All of nature is just a step outside your cabin door. All meals are prepared for us. There is no work duty, no cooking, no dishes to do. Your only responsibility is to come with an open heart and mind, find connection through Sisterhood, and share your energies in this movement for social change. Let our women's prayers be uttered in unison from the sweet melodic voices of hundreds of women. Let the Earth be healed. Let women be healed. Let us all know pure joy in celebrating all that is FEMALE!
Z Budapest
#WomenVote
#TheFutureIsFemale
#ERANow




The season of the dead is coming soon. It is a time when Humanity remembers the ancestors.
In this sub age of Aquarius our entire culture is now looking at each other. Aquarius is the only human sign in the Zodiac. It means the humans get interested in each other. Reality shows, selfies, our bodies ourselves. Sending pictures of ourselves to each other and even sending pix of our junk is done without a thought. We wonder where we come from? More and more of us thinks that somehow Extra terrestrials had something to do with the sudden growth of how we look today. How we think. Certainly the feeling is that our DNA had been messed with. How come certain places there was high standards for agriculture and architecture, while other places the Ice Age just finished.
The Internet is now the altar of this Humanoid self obsession. Billions of humans communicate with each other, billions of opinions are voiced. Ultimately we are arriving more and more at the thought of we are all humans, we all live on this planet, and for happiness and mental health we do need each other.
Will racism finally end? It could. But not suddenly. Will sexism finally end? That’s the battle of the sexes. The stupidest battle of all.
But first woman must be brought forth in the public consciousness as pioneers and maintainers of everything . Our names must be known, our honors Not stolen by males just because they can.
Interesting thing I found today, there is a rendition on YOUTUBE of my song We all come from the Goddess which states that it’s author Unknown. Of course it’s a guy whose page it is. The songs rendition is with an all female group, but I am not given proper credit for it. This is how males take away from female authors the honors we deserve. Each act of this kind of theft advances the male perception that women are here only to serve, birth and cook for our sons.
This song We all come from the Goddess had been registered with the Library of Congress since the 80s. I have generously allowed it to be used, if you give me my credit due. It isn’t a folk song just springing up in some guys head. It is my intellectual property.
I am in my 80th year, complete it in January 30th.
Who will stand up for me when I am gone? How long will it take before some males take over even the feminist Witchcraft? Claim it as theirs?
I see this as an ancient fight. I hate this innate behavior from our sons. Women need our sons help, elevate us, celebrate us and give up your totally undeserved male privileges. You should feel great when your mothers get to lead. Be proud of your heritage, you came from great and talented mothers.
All love is rooted in respect.
This little ceramic picture is by my mother, Masika; pictured is a Spirit who is an Ancestor. Appropriate for the season.
I am grateful for the last years’ accomplishments. The Holy Book of Women’s Mysteries is coming back in a new 21st century edition. I want to thank Katharine La Masters, who gave a lot of valuable energy in going over every line, with a critical eye. She was the reason I could hang on and finish this task . Now it's in the hands of Lithia, and then the new Publishers, Santa Cruz's oldest Bookstore.
Before I die, (This is not a bucket list, I am healthy only old,) I would like to have one more national Witchy Tour, organized by the new generation. I’d like to hear from you if you can organize, if you have a good outreach online, if you have powers with marketing.
I think the Goddess Movement will benefit from my efforts, and I like to behold the popularity of The Great Goddess. I like to teach about the Goddess ethics, Goddess morality, and hand out more of our precious honors to those who have devoted their times and energy to creating more Goddess culture.
Lastly I ask you to remember on your Ancestor altars not just your blood relatives but all those women who have helped to elevate our gender from enslavement to glory.
Grandmothers blessings…

The Littlest Broom
By L.M. Crow
Once upon a time, I was part of a tree, a great tall willow tree, growing by the banks of a swift stream. The wind would blow my long, supple branches to sweep the nourishing earth wrapped around my roots. The water would sometimes lap against my broad, rough trunk. Tiny fish sparkled in the water and brushed against my trailing leaves, sometimes nibbling at them as they swam by.
I'm not sure how it happened. Daily my memories of being a tree fade and the longer I stand in this closet, the more faded they become. There are others here with me. They tell such wonderful stories, tales which fill me with longing and envy. Every year, for one night, they are taken out of this dark place – oh, how I long to feel the wind in my branches again! They tell me of flying through the starry night sky with the moon shining down upon them and their riders. Four years now I have been in this dark closet and each of those four special nights, I have hoped and prayed that this would be the night I, too, would fly. But I am the smallest one here – what witch would choose such a meager brush for her revels this new year's night? Tonight, the excitement in the closet is high. It is that night of the year. Perhaps, this time … but I must not hope too hard. I am too small to fly these folk to their festival. The door is opening. I can see the flickering candlelight in the room beyond the door. One by one, my mates are grabbed and carried out. The hope in me begins to fade as the closet empties, and then, a miracle happens. A tiny hand wraps around my short but sturdy handle. I hear a voice and my heart leaps.
"Here, this one's mine – it’s just my size!" says the child's voice. "Come, little broom – this will be our first Samhain ride together."
It is glorious! It's the little one's first ride, too. I must be very careful with her. She is soooo tiny! Her bones would break if she were to fall to the earth below. Oh, but the ride is glorious! The crisp autumn air streams through my brush tail. The child's hands gently grip my handle as she squeals with delight. The night is so beautiful – I want this never to end. Next year, the child will be too big to ride me and I will left behind once more.
But too soon, the leader calls all the riders back and once again, we are all relegated to the closet, but as we are gently placed within, I see a small group of children all watching the little girl who had ridden me with a mixture of envy and admiration.
"Don't worry," she tells them. "It's a good riding broom – it won't drop you or let you fall when it's your turn to ride it."
And then I know that as long as there are little witches, there will be riders for little brooms like me.
This is a teaching coven. We are educating our sisters about our sisters from the past. We are continuing our education with the works of Merlin Stone. Every newsletter will include a lesson, a reading from the book and discussion questions for you to answer. When we meet, we will go over the answers. These questions are posed to inspire you to really think about what you have been taught about religion and how that way of thinking has influenced you and those around you.
Our hope is that you start a group wherever you are and discuss the meaning of the works we study with each other and wake up a few more ladies from their patriarchal propaganda trance. We are focusing on political spellcasting and educating our sisters about our sisters from the past. Patriarchal culture has deprived women from knowing about the Elders who went before us; we reclaim them in order to invite to us a better future. These are important tasks for the times in which we live. Please join us in this work.
To join, please send a request with the following information: 1) Why you are interested in joining the coven and 2) What skills/abilities you have to contribute to our sisterhood.
MEMBERSHIP UPDATE! Please note that moving into 2020 we are asking all coven members to set up a monthly recurring donation via PayPal (instead of an annual fee, as we have done in the past). This will give Z a more steady and predictable stream of resources so we can stay ahead of the curve and bring our ideas and events to life, including our biggest event: Goddess Festival 2020 (where coven members get a $100 discount)!
Just click here and follow the directions








Comments
Post a Comment